- Perform the squadron’s administrative functions and act as the personal executive assistant to the Squadron Commander, Director of Operations (DO), and Technical Director (CA).
- Maintain the Commander, DO and CA calendars and schedule appointments.
- Receive telephone calls and visitors, using judgment as to which can be handled by subordinates or other offices, and which requires the squadron leadership’s attention.
- Responsible for creating and performing quality control of draft and final correspondence, reports, letters and messages, civilian awards and forms.
- Responsible for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation and document format.
- Performs duties as the Front Office Group records custodian, maintains office files in accordance with regulations and local operating instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- At least 56 years’ experience as an administrative assistant; preferably supporting executives
- Must be familiar with standard Microsoft Office software platforms; Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Project.
- DOD Records Custodian experience
- Proficiency in English
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- High level verbal and written communications skills
- H.S. Diploma or Equivalent required
- AA degree or BA degree preferred
- Administrative Certifications preferred
Required licenses or certifications:
- Valid driver’s license and must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess and maintain an active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Judgment Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
It is the policy of Osi Vision to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status regarding public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Osi Vision will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.