Computer Support Technician
- Support Squadron personnel with computer connectivity issues.
- Assist with management and allocation of resources to include equipment, peripherals, hardware/software licenses, and consumables (i.e., toner, paper, etc.); responsibilities range from procurement, 100% inventory accountability, tracking and auditing to eventual disposal.
- Support move, add and/or change of computer assets within the building.
- Assist with the planning and deployment of new equipment as its received; pack/unpack, ship, store, image, build, configure and support new computer equipment installation/uninstallation in building.
- Process reported computer trouble tickets using a Remedy database, preferably Sharepoint.
- Assist in receipt and proper securing of all IT assets until properly entered into asset tracking.
- Assist in documenting defined processes and procedures for handling and accounting for assigned equipment and peripherals.
- Assist with Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to ensure hard drives and media are sanitized correctly and ensure all equipment is marked appropriately.
- Assist in coordination and scheduling of planned, short notice or emergency maintenance actions for assigned equipment; monitors and reports progress to management representatives.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and have range of motion to fit into tight spots for running cables.
- Must have a Secret clearance and be eligible for a TS/SCI clearance.
- Must be Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II certified.
- Must be familiar with: Microsoft® Office Suite™ of applications such as Microsoft® Access™, Microsoft® Excel™, Microsoft® Outlook and Microsoft® Word™
- VMWare, Windows 10 Patching, VPNs, Video Teleconferencing, Cross-Domain Solution, VOIP/VOSIP experience
- Help Desk/Trouble ticket experience
- At least 3-5 years experience in resource management relating to logistical support and equipment accountability.
- Familiar with Microsoft SharePoint and Remedy.
- Security+ Certification
- Admin/elevated rights experience