Cyber Security Analyst
As a Cyber Security Analyst you will be responsible in providing support to the Cryptological and Cyber Systems Division by recommending and implementing cybersecurity information technology solutions to secure business operations across the Air Force including but not limited to providing Information Assurance (IA) subject matter expertise in the areas of policy guidance, product support, implementation strategies, and operational process analysis in support of the Public Key Infrastructure, Common Access Card, and Identity Management activities in the Air Force. You will be required to provide professional communications skills to coordinate Air Force efforts with both DoD and non-DoD partners.
Job Duties & Knowledge:
- Developing concepts for meeting sustainment and modernization objectives as they relate to public key infrastructure integration into existing network architectures
- Identifying and implementing changes to network and computer components
- Knowledge of network configurations and components, ability to assist other AF units with PKI device configurations
- Specific experience with Microsoft Windows, Linux, and/or Unix operating systems to properly configure them within secure IT infrastructures
- Knowledgeable of the standards, practices, and processes applicable to computer security, encryption and IT in the DoD
- Maintain awareness of technologies, policies, processes and procedures associated with cyber security, information assurance, public key infrastructure, and public key enabling
- Manage production, implementation and configuration of IA and PKI systems that are employed across the AF Enterprise
Preferred & Required Experience:
- Experience in the Cyber/PKI/IA community preferred.
- Experience in supporting the fielding of new PKI or IA associated software or hardware preferred.
- Experience in providing technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree with at least 4 years of job experience in the technical industry or a minimum of 12 years of job experience in the technical industry specifically supporting the government directly or indirectly (i.e. Active Duty, Government employee, contractor, etc.)
Required licenses or certifications:
- IT Certifications (e.g. CISSP, Sec+) preferred
- Valid driver’s license and must be a U.S. Citizen
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Active Security Clearance is Required