Cyber System Security Assessor – Maintainer
The candidate will be responsible for providing hardware and software maintenance support for the Cyber Vulnerability Assessment (CVA) Mobile Interceptor Platform (MIP) and Deployable Interceptor Platform (DIP). More specifically, the candidate will:
- Aid in the evolution and maintenance of the CVA Mobile Interceptor Platform (MIP) and Deployable Interceptor Platform (DIP).
- Assist with the deployment and reconstitution of customer provided images and ISOs for mission planning and preparation; install software/images on CVA Virtual Servers.
- Conduct vulnerability and compliance scans on all MIP/DIP builds prior to their monthly release; identifying vulnerabilities and non-compliant items and offering recommended remediation actions or supplying justification for why a DISA STIG or NIST recommendation cannot be applied.
- Conduct operational and function checks on all MIP/DIP builds prior to their monthly release; ensuring those applications/capabilities prioritized by the customer have been fully vetted to ensure the operate and function properly.
- Maintain Software Version Description document or similar to capture regular updates and activities associated with the MIP/DIP maintenance.
- Accomplish and/or assist the unit software manager in accounting for all software and associated licenses; ensuring to notify the customer 90 days prior to license expiry.
- Accomplish and/or assist the ITEC in accounting for all CVA related hardware and issue AF IMT 1297, as appropriate.
- Maintain the CVA Test Network encompassing a myriad of functions such as the GitLab Server w/Docker, DHCP Server, DNS Server, etc.
- Complete imaging, configuration, operations and function checks required prior to equipment deployment for mission operations.
- Reconstitute MIP and DIP hardware once operations have ceased.
- Define/Maintain disaster recovery and continuity of operation documentation to facilitate CVA recovery in the event of identified activit(y/ies).
- Demonstrated ability to methodically analyze problems and identify potential solutions.
- Exhibit good written and verbal skills, with an attention to detail and desire to deliver a quality product.
- Travel up to 10%, dependent on customer requirements and up to 1-4 weeks in duration.
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a DoD 8570 IAT Level 3 (CISSP, CASP, etc.) and must be willing to obtain a CCNA-Security certification within 6 months of hire.
- Associates degree with 2 years’ experience or 5 years equivalent experience without a degree; degrees focused on Cyber Security, Information Systems or Engineering.
- Intermediate knowledge with operating in the following environments: Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu Linux, Windows, VMware Workstation, ESXi, firewalls, proxies, VPNs and DNS.
- Adequate knowledge of UNIX/LINUX fundamentals and an ability to work from the UNIX/LINUX/Windows Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Ability to write bash and python scripts to help facilitate maintenance of the hardware.
- Firm understanding of network ports, protocols and services.
- Ability to troubleshoot host and network anomalies/issues.
- Must complete customer pre-screen, skills assessment lab, pass customer training and certification program and remain mission ready qualified.
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision.
- Possess Microsoft and UNIX/Linux certifications.
- Familiarity with NIST and DISA STIGs.
- Ability to understand, interpret and implement customer objectives.
- Experience or familiarity with military operations highly desirable.
- Knowledgeable in common cyber threat terminology, methodologies, possess basic understanding of cyber incident and response, and related current events.
- CCNA Security Certification (within 6 months of hire)
- Cyber security experience with hardening UNIX, LINUX, Windows platforms
- Understanding of Risk Management Framework and Configuration Management Principles
- Demonstrated experience as Network/System Administrator (5+ years)