Osi Vision is currently seeking a Electronics Technician for a position located on Lackland AFB; San Antonio, Texas. In this position, the Electronics Technician will develop recommendations for suitable substitute parts, system upgrades, alternate suppliers, and configuration changes in response to part obsolescence, loss of suppliers, quality deficiency reports, and technology changes affecting availability of items or commercial repair services.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience performing system upgrades
- Experience and knowledge utilizing hand tools, power tools, and test equipment
- Knowledgeable with all safety and equipment compliance requirements
- Experience working with electrical and electromechanical systems, and additional system components required.
- Experience developing, maintaining and implementing maintenance procedures to include but not limited to general shop and equipment procedures required
- Experience drafting engineering drawings in collaboration with Engineering Technicians and Systems Engineers.
- Experience with providing technical advice and guidance to system users on system installation, operation, and troubleshooting.
- Experience as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Technical Adviser on the systems supported preferred
- Experience in performing installation, integration, upgrade, modification, repair, deficiency investigation, and operational checks required
- Experience providing an estimated average of 10 quality deficiency investigations per year and processing a minimum of 25 technical order change requests per year.
- Education, Skills & Certifications –
- Technical Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least 2-4 years of experience or experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of degree to include all applicable required experience and knowledge
- Familiarity with one or more TAP mission systems (ACR, AACR, AGFU, AARE, and Harvester) is high Computer Aided Design (CAD) experience, with either Solidworks, ProEngineer/Creo and AUTOCAD experience is required
- Familiarity with the TAP Air and Ground sampling systems preferred
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) experience, with Solidworks and ProEngineer/Creo experience being preferred
- Ability to travel and provide support for TAP systems as required
- Must currently possess a Top Secret/SCI clearance and have passed, or can pass, a Counterintelligence Scope (CI) polygraph test
- Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required
- Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information