Group Practice Advisor (GPA)
Osi Vision is searching for a candidate to serve as a Group Practice Advisor (GPA) to perform organizational tasks in support of a military medical treatment facility in the San Antonio, TX area.
In this position, the GPA will involve some combination of the following duties: Performs one or more advisor tasks such as gather data and provide studies. Analyze data to determine objective and quantifiable facts, retrieve system reports, and monitor information.
Experience & Knowledge –
- Must have be able to derive information that puts the data into appropriate context and apply knowledge to make recommendations on implications, connections, and consequences.
- Proficient in compiling research with an emphasis on improving clinical product line performance and efficiency.
- Extensive knowledge in compiling data to assist in the development and tracking of clinic business plans associated with goals and objectives, medical group mission and strategic plan, and Air Force Medical Service mission.
- Must have knowledge on how to retrieve system reports from the Patient Appointing System, etc., to locally developed report/data bases, and other systems as needed to optimize clinical productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Knowledge in reviewing manuals and automated reports to determine trends or errors that would limit Health Care Provider (HCP) productivity/accessibility.
- At least 4-5 years of experience briefing department chair(s), squadron and group commander(s) and other entities.
- Proficient knowledge and experience generating and maintaining draft schedules and templates and multiple HCP profiles across multiple software systems and can interpret and revise master templates/schedules for all clinics to ensure efficient utilization of available appointments.
- Experience identifying staffing deficits based on clinical/administrative needs and advises on possible mechanisms to offset these deficits.
- Must be able to assist the Health Care Integrator and clinical teams with the implementation of clinical best practices.
- At least 2-4 years of experience reviewing data to assist in the preparation for future Health Services Inspections and the Joint Commission surveys in conjunction with clinic leadership.
- Familiarity with Military Health Service (MHS) systems and data is critical; knowledge, use, and application of MHS data systems are a significant plus.
- Proficient knowledge of MHS and delivery process including ambulatory, inpatient, pharmacy, population, cost/budget and enrollment data sources.
- General knowledge of MHS, OASD(HA), TMA management structure.
- Experience applying working system knowledge of each clinic’s appointment scheduling practice to establish new templates and recommends improvements to balance appointment supply and demand across the spectrum of healthcare.
- Must be able to confer daily with Clinic Chiefs, Flight/Squadron Commanders to plan and coordinate activities and assist with tasks/problems.
- Minimum of eight (8) years” experience as a Healthcare Administrator or hospital administrator in at least a 100-bed facility.
- Must have track record of increasing responsibility in healthcare systems.
- Must be able to develop a detailed understanding of the client’s environment and needs.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Technical Skills–
- Master’s Degree with a desired major in one of the following or a comparable area is required: Hospital/Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, Information Management Systems preferred
- Expert knowledge and experience in Military Health System (MHS) healthcare management is desirable.
- Healthcare Administration certification (from at least one of the following) highly desired:
- American Academy of Medical Administrators (AAMA)
- American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- American Hospital Association (AHA)
- Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM for ASHE)
- Certified Materials & Resource Professional (CMRP for AHRMM)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM)
- Medical Group Management Association (MGMA)
- American College of Medical Practice Executives (CMPE)
- Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.