Identity & Access Management Engineer
The Identity and Access Management Engineer identifies and implements cybersecurity information technology solutions to secure business operations across the Air Force. The position focuses on providing identity assurance subject matter expertise and application development oriented toward mobile devices. Responsibilities also include maintaining knowledge of industry best practices for mobile device security, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidance, product support, implementation strategies, and operational process analysis in support of the Public Key Infrastructure, Common Access Card, and Identity Management activities in the Air Force. Requires professional and communications skills needed to coordinate Air Force efforts with both DoD and non-DoD partners.
- Participate as a member of integrated product teams in developing and deploying identity assurance solutions for Air Force mobile devices
- Development, review, and verification of technical requirements
- Develop and integrate identity solutions on mobile platforms supporting native and 3 rd party applications
- Coordinate with other Air Force and DoD organizations in integrating PKI-based certificates into on—premises, hybrid and cloud network architectures
- Maintain awareness of technologies, policies, processes and procedures associated with cyber security, identity assurance, public key infrastructure, and public key enabling
- Ensure execution of systems engineering processes across the lifecycle.
- Generates, reviews and approves written reports supporting the design, analyses and test
- Report on project status and progress measured against specific plans.
- Prepares design review packages and present data both internal and external customers.
- Coordinates and directs the work efforts of lower level engineers and support personnel, if assigned
- Reviews systems engineering processes and support continuous process improvement activities.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Specific experience with Microsoft Windows, Android and iOS operating systems to properly configure them within secure IT infrastructures
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team with limited technical guidance
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Must be able to regularly stand, walk; sit; use hands to handle, feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move technical equipment.
Required/Preferred Education and Experience
- Degree in Engineering, Math or Science and 5 years of progressive experience in information technology systems integration, including mobile devices (phones/tablets), required
- 2+ years of software development experience, preferably with mobile devices/applications
- Experience performing systems design, integration and analytical efforts required
- Experience in drafting highly technical documentation, briefs and reports required
- Experience in the Cyber/PKI/IA community preferred
- Ability to communicate highly technical information effectively both orally and in writing required
- Proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to work with a wide variety of contributors in a fast-paced and demanding environment is essential
Required licenses or certifications
- Valid driver’s license and must be a U.S. Citizen
- Possess and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
It is the policy of Osi Vision to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status regarding public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Osi Vision will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.