Public Key Infrastructure, Local Registration Authority (PKI LRA)
- Appoint Trusted Agents (TA) at various local command locations to help facilitate the actual PKI certificate issuance.
- Ensure TAs have been designated in writing by Commanding Officer and have been properly trained.
- A TA is an individual explicitly aligned with one or more RA Officers who has been delegated the authority to perform a portion of the RA function.
- Collect, verify, and submit information provided by potential subscribers which is entered to public key certificates.
- LRAs use computer hardware and software to revoke, suspend and restore electronic keys.
- Coordinate with individuals to control the registration process and validate the identification of users.
- Participate in researching in-house records, reference materials, archives and automated data bases at managers' request.
- Maintain master spreadsheets as required for Token Management to track orders requests and generate status reports on pending or shipped orders.
- Access an external database, the Token Management System (TMS) in support of the Certificate
- Authority, collecting and formatting information that is to be used in certificate issuance, verification of Subscriber, certificate revocation, and key recovery.
- Maintain certificate application request files.
- All PKI requests regarding DoD Servers, Identity, Device, Acknowledgement forms and Email Certificates are required by policy to be retained for 10 years 6 months.
- Register and enroll users, issue SIPRNET PKI certificates on a DoD token.
- Ensure all legal documents are signed for auditing purposes.
- Highschool Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- PKI LRA experience desired
- Technology background