The Systems Administrator position is part of a team of professionals that provide PKI services required to support the Navy Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) by providing on-site technical support at the Navy client’s facility Joint Base Andrews, MD. Position supports the SIPRNET Token Management System (TMS) and will serve as a systems administrator supporting the DoN PKI, to assist in the protection of Class 3 DoD Certificates and Networks
- Perform operations on the RA/LRA/TMS system that require privileged access.
- Install, configure and maintain RA/LRA/TMS workstations. Provide appropriate system, application and cryptographic module (hardware, firmware or software that implements cryptographic functions such as encryption, decryption, digital signatures, authentication techniques and random number generation) that are retained at the RA location.
- Perform routine operation of the RA/LRA equipment, such as system backup and recovery or changing recovery or changing recording media. Check for network attacks (suspected or confirmed) and equipment failures.
- Store and maintain SA manual logs and archive media where RA/LRA does not have access. Log physical access, loading, zeroing, transfer of keys to or from, back-ups, acquires, or destruction of cryptographic modules.
- Assist the command Information Assurance Manager (IAM) in maintaining the security posture of the workstations to include all documentation required for DoD system accreditation.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Certification in DoD 8570.01-M (Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program) Information Workforce Technical Category I (IAT-II) certification.
- Must have a demonstrable working knowledge of SECNAVINST 5239.3B (Department Of The Navy Information Assurance Policy/Computers).
- Skilled in verbal and written communication techniques.
- Experienced in networked computer-based system use and the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Must be able to work independently and possess analytical processing skills which must be evidenced by one (1) year of corporate or government work experience.
This is a standard office environment and requires lifting and moving of standard personal computers, files, and supplies. Position also requires contractor to have a valid driver’s license to operate Government vehicles.
- Personal Computers, Software, and government phone systems and networks.