- Prepare and execute Developmental Test & Evaluation (DT&E) plans and procedures according to established test methodologies.
- Perform interoperability and integration testing, as well as functional testing of various systems, tools, and networks.
- May participate in all phases of risk management assessment and software/hardware development under the direction of a Senior Test Engineer.
- Coordinate with other engineers to ensure the test infrastructure will meet desired test objectives.
- Actively participate throughout the acquisition process to influence development of a product or capability that is testable.
- Provide technical advisory and assistance support to government sponsors.
- Compile and analyze test results data to determine conformity of the product or capability to the requirements.
- Document change requests/deficiencies of the product or capability because of test data analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have effective writing/oral presentation skills.
- Independent working knowledge of the following: encryption/key management, enterprise network architecture, communication equipment and technologies, routers, mail and web servers, Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems, firewalls, antivirus tools, network protocol analyzers, and network traffic generation
- Five years of intensive and progressive experience in a computer-related field
- Minimum of oneyear software testing for software / hardware applications or systems is required
- Test automation preferred
- Cybersecurity (vulnerability assessments, blue team, red team, etc.) preferred
- Understanding of AFIN & DODIN architecture preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, mathematics, engineering or a mathematicsintensive, technical discipline.
Required licenses or certifications:
- Valid driver’s license and must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess and maintain an active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Judgment Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision- making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
It is the policy of Osi Vision to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status regarding public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Osi Vision will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.