Accounting Clerk III
Osi Vision is currently seeking an Account Clerk III for a position located on Fort Knox, KY. In this position, the Account Clerk III will involve some combination of the following duties: Performs one or more accounting tasks such as posting to registers and ledgers; balancing and reconciling accounts; verifying the internal consistency, completeness, and mathematical accuracy of accounting documents; assigning prescribed accounting distribution codes; examining and verifying the clerical accuracy of various types of reports, lists, calculations, postings, etc.; preparing journal vouchers; or making entries or adjustments to accounts. Levels III require a knowledge of and understanding of the established and standardized bookkeeping and accounting procedures and techniques used in an accounting system, or a segment of an accounting system, where there are few variations in the types of transactions handled. In addition, some jobs at each level may require a basic knowledge and understanding of the terminology, codes, and processes used in an automated accounting system.
Experience & Knowledge –
- Uses a knowledge of double entry bookkeeping in performing one or more of the following:
- Posts actions to journals,
- Identifying subsidiary accounts affected and debit and credit entries to be made and assigning proper codes;
- Reviews computer printouts against manually maintained journals, detecting and correcting erroneous postings,
- and preparing documents to adjust accounting classifications and other data; or reviews lists of transactions rejected by an automated system, determining reasons for rejections, and preparing necessary correcting material.
- On routine assignments, employee selects and applies established procedures and techniques.
- Detailed instructions are provided for difficult or unusual assignments. Completed work and methods used are reviewed for technical accuracy.
- Experience checking order sheets for accuracy and adequacy of information, ascertaining credit rating of customer, and furnishing customer with confirmation of receipt of order.
- Experience maintaining vendor and procurement files which includes individual orders.
- Experience ensuring state specific sales/use tax exemption is applied to those purchases that qualify for such tax exemption.
- Experience with verification of vendor shipping invoices received against original orders placed with the individual vendor, and other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Certifications –
- High school diploma required.
- Position normally requires two years of college or training in a related discipline, and 3-5 years of related experience in buying or procuring products from outside vendors.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must work with automated invoicing and inventory systems to accurately track and account for material inventory.
- While performing the duties an Account Clerk III, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.