Acquisition Program Analyst – HR Specialist
Osi Vision is seeking Human Resources (HR) Specialists to provide Acquisition Program Analysis support to SAF/AQH.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Support the Director, Acquisition Career Management’s efforts to guide and manage officer and civilian acquisition career workforce activities, all phases of human capital strategic planning for acquisition related workforces.
- strategic planning for acquisition related workforces. Assist in human capital strategic planning for the Air Force acquisition workforce. Develop and analyze workforce practices for employees and officers in the Scientist and Engineer and Program Management career fields. Provide expertise on workforce management issues including determination of recruiting targets and strategies. Workforce analysis includes actions to ensure retention and development of competent and skilled professionals in acquisition positions and supporting technological areas.
- Develop policies for effective use of acquisition workforce development funds including tracking, distribution, and management of funding allocations. Monitor use of funds within the Department of Defense components and develop creative policies to ensure the consistent and future-oriented development of the workforce.
- Develop policies and guidelines for the effective recruitment, retention, development, and sustainment of the Scientific, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) workforce in support of acquisition and technology development. Propose creative and innovative human resource management practices supporting the current and future technological requirements of Air Force acquisition and sustainment programs.
- Support the Air Force career development process for the 61X, 62E, 63X officers and civilian scientist and engineer career fields. Develop strategies and approaches for encouraging continuous learning and career development approaches that engage members of the workforce in processes designed to ensure the development of future leaders in the career areas. Solicit and defend requirements for advanced academic degrees in the sciences.
- Analyze acquisition workforce statutes, draft legislation, and policy and develops recommendations in coordination with Army, Navy, and DoD offices engaged in acquisition career management policy development and guidance.
- Develop and implement acquisition workforce briefings for MAJCOM, Air Staff, and other component personnel including Program Element Monitors (PEM), Action Officers, and career field staffs. Briefings ensure maintenance of support for proactive workforce management practices and policies.
- Analyze and recommend acquisition personnel policies covering the Program Management; Quality Assurance; Financial Management; Life Cycle Logistics; Manufacturing; Engineering; Science and Technology; Test and Evaluation; and Contracting workforce. Monitor certification levels and ensure actions are recommended to maintain certification goals.
- Analyze acquisition workforce competency development, identifies gaps, and develops recommendations for recruitment, development, and training initiatives to ensure a competent acquisition workforce.
- Analyze acquisition workforce requirements and develop acquisition workforce strategic plan(s). The contractor shall identify those best practices or efficiencies in workforce strategies that may have cross-directorate or organization-wide benefits or payoffs.
- Assist the SAE, functional managers, Air Force Personnel Center career teams, and the Director, Acquisition Career Management in implementing statutory and regulatory requirements for the acquisition workforce management and development.
- Assist in developing strategies and technologies for communicating workforce policy, implementing guidance, and Air Force position statements within HQ USAF, the MAJCOMs, and career field managers at all Air Force levels.
- Ability to work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Educations, Skills, and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years of progressively responsible experience in the development of officer and/or civilian personnel programs and policies at the MAJCOM or headquarters level.
- AFPC or equivalent experience managing officer or civilian career fields.
- Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required
- Position will require a Secret clearance.
- Must be competent in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Must be able to transport self to various facility sites, as required. If using own motor vehicle, must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Travel to CONUS locations may be required.
It is the policy of Osi Vision to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status regarding public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Osi Vision will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.