Analyst/Developer – Specialty II
Osi Vision is currently accepting resumes for a Analyst/Developer – Specialty II located in San Antonio, Texas.
The main function of an specialty analyst/developer is to develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs utilizing software packages considered. A typical specialty analyst/developer is responsible for designing software or customizing software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan computer specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications.
- Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage time.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Basic knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models.
- Basic knowledge of niche computer software, such as Oracle, Csharp.net, Lawson, etc.
- 2-4 years experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent training