Classified Data at Rest (CDAR) Systems Engineer
The objective is to provide crypto systems engineering support for the development of an initial
Classified Data at Rest (CDAR) Systems Requirement Document and Analysis of Solutions in
preparation for a government clients acquisition decisions. CDAR requirements vary
significantly across the DoD and especially among high value/high risk platforms. Developing an
enterprise-level CDAR solution requires engineering support to complete tasks that are complex
and highly technical in nature.
Specific Job Tasks/Requirements:
- Experience in providing crypto systems engineering support.
- Experience in Cybersecurity and the engineering of security within and external to the
cryptographic boundary of Type 1 cryptographic products.
- Provide liaison between the multiple DoD communities for review of functional and
interface requirements to include but not limited to, data storage architectures, end
user data concepts of operation, physical/logical interfaces, size, weight, power,
performance, environmental, data classification.
- Provide interface with platform and system security engineers, and function as a
member of requirements advisory boards to develop and standardize logical and
- Support risk management through identification of risks associated with tradeoffs and
technology gaps. Experience in risk assessment and mitigations.
- Experience in identifying and analyzing operational considerations and constraints that
would prevent enterprise solutions from being effectively fielded, operated and
supported by various platforms.
- Familiarity with DoD and commercial Key Management (KM) techniques and options for
an enterprise solutions, and work with NSA and stakeholders to identify KM alternatives
that support end user data concepts of operation.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Possess and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Engineering Degree.
- 7 years’ experience in providing crypto engineering systems support.
- Experience in drafting highly technical documentation, briefs and reports.
- Ability to lead Integrated Product Teams
- Ability to communicate highly technical information both orally and in writing.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Knowledge of DoD Acquisition and Risk Management processes.