Osi Vision is currently seeking an Illustrator I for a position located on Fort Knox FT; Louisville, Kentucky. In this position, the Illustrator I is responsible for the design of visual communication materials commissioned by clients, and those necessary for the company and its products. Requires use of specialized computer software to develop or work with high quality computer illustrations, technical drawings and support various media. Duties require the ability to use common media such as tempera, oils, pen-and-ink, or pencil with average skill. Copies drawings, either by tracing or freehand. Applies coloring or wash to line drawings; letters by hand or by use of templates; and does detail or background work on illustrations which have been prepared by an illustrator of higher grade. When working with scientific subjects and technical equipment, acquires basic knowledge of subject matter field and develops information about the field of work that will be illustrated. When working in the general fields of illustrating, acquires necessary information about subject of the illustrations or applies general knowledge to the subject.
Experience & Knowledge –
- Experience must be in visual communication or graphic design with experience substituting for education, as appropriate.
- Working knowledge of design programs, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark Xpress, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, and other multimedia software programs and applications.
- Requires knowledge and practical use of office computer software such as Microsoft Office suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Knowledge of how to prepare graphic designs for print.
- Experience meeting customer or internal deadlines, and other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Certifications –
- Two to four years of college or training in a related discipline, or two years of related experience. Education and/or experience must be in visual communication or graphic design with experience substituting for education, as appropriate.
- A two-year degree in a management or technical field is desired, but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be a U.S. Citizen.
- While performing the duties an Illustrator I, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.