Osi Vision is currently seeking an Illustrator II for a position located on Fort Knox, KY. In this position, the Illustrator II is responsible for the design of visual communication materials commissioned by clients, and those necessary for the company and its products. Requires use of specialized computer software to develop or work with high quality computer illustrations, technical drawings and support various media. This worker usually is assigned to projects involving several of the common art media such as pen-and-ink, pencil, tempera, wash, oils, and airbrush over a period of time. These projects require the illustrator to be proficient in the use of these media and in executing acceptable drawings in many styles. Generally speaking, Illustrator II executes drawings that have been conceived by others and presented in the form of rough sketches. Does not exercise an extensive knowledge of the subject matter involved when preparing medical, scientific or technical equipment illustrations. Acquires information about the subject assigned to illustrate and develop a background of subject matter knowledge through carrying out these illustrating assignments. However, the kind of illustrating work assigned does not require an extensive prior knowledge about the subjects illustrated.
Experience & Knowledge –
- Working knowledge of design programs, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark Xpress, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, and other multimedia software programs and applications.
- Requires knowledge and practical use of office computer software such as Microsoft Office suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Knowledge of how to prepare graphic designs for print.
- Experience meeting customer or internal deadlines, and other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Certifications –
- Position normally requires two to four years of college or training in a related discipline, or four years of related experience. Education and/or experience must be in visual communication or graphic design with experience substituting for education, as appropriate.
- Education and/or experience must be in visual communication, multimedia presentation or graphic design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be a U.S. Citizen.
- While performing the duties an Illustrator II, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up