Sr. Software Developer
Osi Vision is currently seeking an Illustrator III for a position located on Fort Knox, Kentucky. In this position, the Illustrator III is responsible for quality control, review and revisions of all aspects of graphics and media development. The projects to which this worker is assigned usually involve several of the common art media, but the illustrations themselves typically require a higher degree of skill in the use of many of the media. This degree of skill is required because (a) the speed with which the illustration must be completed requires the ability to work quickly and competently in order to produce an acceptable finished product within the available time limit; (b) the illustration calls for the use of fine detail, special artistic effects, or an unusual use of the chosen medium; or (c) the method of reproduction, the use to which the illustration is to be put, or the information or artistic results desired calls for exceptional care and skill in the use of the medium. The themes illustrated may be either concrete in nature or they may represent ideas and abstract concepts. The illustrations differ from those typical of Illustrator II in that they are expected to interpret the publications, chart, poster, or exhibit in which they appear, while Illustrator II presents factual rather than interpretative material. Illustrator III is required to have a knowledge of a specialized subject matter field such as medicine, science, or technical equipment. Prepares illustrations that are designed to reproduce the appearance of specific medical or scientific specimens or of pieces of technical equipment.
Experience & Knowledge –
- Experience in the design of visual communication materials working with clients and customers.
- Must be able to interpret publications, chart, poster or exhibit and design/develop illustrations and media to present customer themes and communication requirements meeting targeted groups.
- Experience using specialized hardware and/or software for high quality computer illustrations, animations and 3-D graphics, video/audio capture and editing of multimedia presentations, and incorporates principles of layout design throughout the production process.
- Working knowledge of design programs, such as Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, Quark Xpress, PowerPoint, Acrobat, Flash, Captivate, Swift 3D, Premier, Dreamweaver, After-Effects and other multimedia software programs and applications.
- Requires knowledge and practical use of office computer software such as Microsoft Office suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Knowledge of how to prepare graphic designs for print.
- Experience meeting customer or internal deadlines, and other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills & Certifications –
- Position normally requires four years of college or training in a related discipline, or five (5) plus years of related experience. Working experience may substitute for college degree.
- Education and/or experience must be in visual communication, multimedia presentation or graphic design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be a U.S. Citizen.
- While performing the duties an Illustrator III, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- This position may also direct or lead lower level illustrators and graphic artists.