Oracle Database Programmer/Administrator
As an Oracle Database Programmer/Administrator you are responsible for the design, development, and implementation of SQL / PLSQL application code for the ICDB/CHAS Healthcare project. Administers the databases in support of local development environment.
Job Duties & Knowledge
- Strong Oracle Database Engineering skills with five (5) years’ experience supporting enterprise level databases.
- At least five (5) years of experience coding PL/SQL and SQL maintaining and/or creating stored procedures, Oracle packages, functions, views, data transformation scripts, data migration scripts.
- Designing database structures and architecture, developing the best implementations based upon requirements, capacity planning, interface design
- Sustain and modify procedures to protect database against data loss and reconstruct the data, should loss
- Troubleshooting database issues that are identified in our application in
- Documenting and assist in resolving issues with data integrity or application performance.
- Support both QA and the Web developers with creating and modifying data in their databases to see if requirements are being met, as well as to test other
- Understanding of sql execution
- Understanding of oracle awr
- Familiar with Oracle materialized views (snapshots in prior releases).
- Design and develop data models and metadata structures to support configuration management of monitors and dashboard
- Performance analysis and tuning of Oracle data
- Development and maintenance of PL/SQL
- Development and maintenance of data flow, logical, and physical
- Queue Experience
Preferred & Required Experince
- Experience with Oracle 11g on Windows
- Experience with pl/sql developer on windows 64bit
- Experience with creating tables, indexes, foreign keys, constraints, and
- Experience with partitioning in Oracle
- Experience with Star schema
- Experience with performance tuning i/o
- Experience in tuning parallel sql
- Experience with using oracle
- Experience with sql tuning, trouble shooting SQL statements and PL/SQL programs (statistics can include CPU usage, block I/O, record I/O, table scans, sorts, ).
- Able to obtain Sec+
- Able to clear NACLC background investigation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or 4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer