Production Specialist Support
In support of this position, the Production Specialist Support shall provide production support for TAP equipment deployed worldwide. This work is typically associated with electrical and electromechanical systems but can involve any system component.
- Experience inspecting and repairing items as well as fabricating and assembling replacement parts and expendable items within these systems.
- Knowledge and ability to perform fabrication and production duties in a clean room environment utilizing special equipment, procedures and protective gear.
- Experience performing a majority of the work in an industrial area utilizing hand tools, power tools, and test equipment.
- Experience processing deliverable reports and inputting data to Government produced reports, data systems, and briefings.
- Experience producing an estimated average of 200 units of replacement parts and expendable items, per year.
- Experience with general shop procedures and equipment is required.
- Must be able to comply with all safety training and equipment requirements.
- Familiarity with one or more TAP mission systems (ACR, AACR, AGFU, AARE, and Harvester) is highly recommended.
- Familiarity with the TAP Air and Ground sampling systems preferred.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent required with at least 2-4 years of experience as a Product Specialist Support
- Technical or AA degree preferred
Required licenses or certifications:
- Valid driver’s license and must be a U.S. Citizen
- Government TS (Top Secret) Security Clearance required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Must be able to regularly stand, walk; sit; use hands to handle, feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
It is the policy of Osi Vision to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status regarding public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Osi Vision will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.