Public Key Infrastructure, Local Registration Authority (PKI LRA)
As a PKI LRA you will be responsible in providing support to Naval Communications Security Material System (NCMS) by supporting the Navy’s PKI and related PKI product support, operational processes and tracking in support of the Public Key Infrastructure and Identity Management activities in the Navy. You will be required to provide professional communications skills to coordinate Navy efforts with Navy users worldwide.
Job Duties & Knowledge
• Appoint Trusted Agents (TA) at various local command locations to help facilitate the actual PKI certificate issuance.
• Ensure TAs have been designated in writing by Commanding Officer and have been properly trained.
• A TA is an individual explicitly aligned with one or more RA Officers who has been delegated the authority to perform a portion of the RA function.
• Collect, verify, and submit information provided by potential subscribers which is entered to public key certificates.
• LRAs use computer hardware and software to revoke, suspend and restore electronic keys.
• Coordinate with individuals to control the registration process and validate the identification of users.
• Participate in researching in-house records, reference materials, archives and automated data bases at managers’ request.
• Maintain master spreadsheets as required for Token Management to track orders requests and generate status reports on pending or shipped orders.
• Access an external database, the Token Management System (TMS) in support of the Certificate
• Authority, collecting and formatting information that is to be used in certificate issuance, verification of Subscriber, certificate revocation, and key recovery.
• Maintain certificate application request files.
• All PKI requests regarding DoD Servers, Identity, Device, Acknowledgement forms and Email Certificates are required by policy to be retained for 10 years 6 months.
• Register and enroll users, issue SIPRNET PKI certificates on a DoD token.
• Ensure all legal documents are signed for auditing purposes.
Preferred & Required Experience
• Experience in the PKI community desired
• Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
• Technology background
• High school Diploma or Equivalent Required
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public Reasoning Ability
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer requests.