Osi Vision is accepting resumes for a skilled and professional QA Software Test Engineer located in San Antonio, Texas
In this role, the QA Software Test Engineer will work under the supervision of the QA Lead and alongside a highly collaborative team of IT professionals; the QA Software Test Engineer will be responsible for delivering quality, well-tested software to production. The ideal candidate must possess web applications experience and experience with data manipulation for test cases as needed.
The QA Software Test Engineer is expected to work as a part of a team and work independently with equal proficiency; the QA Software Test Engineer will interact with the QA Lead as needed but many activities will require independent thought and decision making.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Plan for and conduct testing beginning at the unit and module level, progressing through full systems integration testing, user acceptance testing, prototype testing and culminating in Alpha/Beta testing, verification testing to assure requirement configuration compliance, test case specifications and the required output to ensure test acceptance.
- Test new functionality or bug fixes for applications.
- Understand and analyze Business, Functional, and Technical and User Interface requirements of the project/release.
- Review and analyze project requirements documents in order to create test plans.
- Maintain multiple QA web environments to support software versions and user platforms.
- Test integrity of core database tables after build scripts are executed.
- Update the software test plan as required for duration of project
- Estimate the test effort and team required to meet project deadline
- Coordinate with business analyst, lead programmer , database administrators as needed throughout the duration of the project to ensure timelines are met
- Create test scenarios, test conditions, test cases, expected results and entry and exit criteria for each project.
- Maintain multiple QA web environments, i.e. perform software installs with every build that enters QA, roll back web code with new builds that enter QA
- Provide support for software trainers and technical writers that require screen shots and roles set up to provide documentation for training materials and to test new features on applications
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Management Information systems or 4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor degree.
- A minimum of at least 5 + yrs. software testing experience
- Able to clear NACLC background investigation
It is the policy of Osi Vision to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status regarding public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Osi Vision will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.