The Database Administrator will maintain and evolve the Army Capabilities Integration Center (ARCIC) business intelligence enterprise environment.
- Maintain and provide enhancements to application integration and information architecture in an environment based on Microsoft SharePoint, Army Knowledge Online and milSuite.
- Be responsible for the data architecture, integration services, and database administration support for the Portal team.
- Review and remediate nightly load processes.
- Manage SQL Server health status and develop and execute disaster recovery plans and programs.
- Support architecture and development of new Task Management Tools.
- Support the upgrade and migration of data from SharePoint 2010 to 2013 and from SharePoint 2103 to 2016, as initiated by the client.
- Perform data modeling and Extraction–Transformation–Loading (ETL) processes.
- Other duties as assigned within the primary responsibilities of a Database Administrator.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and balance work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of networking hardware/software over classified and unclassified Government networks.
- Minimum of four years’ experience with Data Integration, Reporting and Analysis Services.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in Database development and administration including SQL server.
- Knowledge of Army Enterprise applications with a focus on SharePoint 2010/13/16, Army Knowledge Online (AKO) and milSuite.
- Skill in analysis, documentation, and improvement of customer business processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office product suite and Adobe Acrobat.
Required licenses or certifications:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active Secret security clearance.
- Business Intelligence certification. Business Intelligence Developer certification preferred.
- Current Security+ CE certification or other DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification.
- Computing environment certification (SharePoint or SQL).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure;
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
It is the policy of Osi Vision to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status regarding public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Osi Vision will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.