Osi Vision is currently seeking a Technical Writer for a position located in San Antonio, Texas.
Summary of Duties
- Document the functional requirements for the cloud-based development environments.
- Document the security requirements – technical, policy-based, and procedural – for the cloud-based development environments.
- Prepare documentation needed for the security accreditation process, e.g. the System Security Plan (SSP) package.
- Prepare and provide JSIG authorization package documentation for ATO.
- Deliver cloud prototypes, big data analytic support platforms, cloud product evaluations, system architecture artifacts, and technical documentation.
- Host review session for technical documentation with F-22 Program Office and key stakeholders.
Experience and Knowledge
- Extensive organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Effective oral and written communication to internal and external customers
- Ability to explain business needs in laymen’s terms, apply critical thinking skills to job responsibilities, and develop/apply alternative solutions to solve problems
- Ability to adapt to change quickly
- Knowledge of information management and technologies
- Ability to take and organize minutes of technical meetings
- Ability to balance multiple parallel actions
- Ability to write technical procedures that are reflective of engineering operations and practices.
- Team player who can collaborate with peers and staff to define and explain requirements
- Must be able to work in an engineering environment & translate practice into formal procedures
- Must have the ability to review policies / documents and minutes and develop operational procedures
- Possesses sound analytical problem-solving and documentation skills
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands
- Writes and speaks clearly and concisely
- Develops & maintains expertise through interaction with Operations personnel & SMEs
- Takes initiative with minimal supervision
- Complies with company policies, procedures, regulations
Education, Skills and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Active Security Clearance
- 3-5 years writing end-user or related documentation for technologies
- Intermediate to Expert-level experience with Microsoft Office to include, but not limited to, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Instructional materials design experience, preferred