Osi Vision is currently seeking a Technical Writer for a position located in San Antonio, Texas. In this position, the Technical Writer will analyze, prepare and maintain system, programming, and operations documentation. The candidate must be able to maintain a current internal documentation library and be competent to work on most phases of documentation. The candidate will also be responsible for preparing and managing the specific program minutes. Duties shall include, but not be limited to:
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order and clarity.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Confer with customer representatives, vendors, or publisher to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, sequence and detail.
- Interview engineering personnel & read journals & other material to become familiar with technologies.
- Arrange for typing, duplication, and distribution of material.
- Assist in laying out material for publication.
- Draw sketches to illustrate specified materials or assembly sequence.
- Administrative activities: correcting grammar, spelling, syntax, and formatting to accurately prepare, review, and edit written curriculum and the maintenance and updating of files and records.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Extensive organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Effective oral and written communication to internal and external customers
- Ability to explain business needs in laymen’s terms, apply critical thinking skills to job responsibilities, and develop/apply alternative solutions to solve problems
- Ability to adapt to change quickly
- Knowledge of information management and technologies
- Ability to take and organize minutes of technical meetings
- Ability to balance multiple parallel actions
- Ability to write technical procedures that are reflective of engineering operations and practices.
- Team player who can collaborate with peers and staff to define and explain requirements
- Must be able to work in an engineering environment & translate practice into formal procedures
- Must have the ability to review policies / documents and minutes and develop operational procedures
- Possesses sound analytical problem-solving and documentation skills
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands
- Writes and speaks clearly and concisely
- Develops & maintains expertise through interaction with Operations personnel & SMEs
- Takes initiative with minimal supervision
- Complies with company policies, procedures, regulations
Education, Skills and Certifications:
- 3-5 years writing end-user or related documentation for technologies
- Intermediate to Expert-level experience with Microsoft Office to include, but not limited to, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Instructional materials design experience, preferred
- May require flexible hours, including occasional Saturdays