Osi Vision is currently seeking a Temporary Material Expediter for 6-8 weeks beginning in November to support one of our current programs; located in San Antonio, Texas.
Applicants must have an active security clearance (TS/SCI required but applicants with a secret will be considered).
Job Description –
- Coordinates and expedites flow of material, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production and shipping schedules or department supervisors’ priorities.
- Reviews production schedules and confers with department supervisors to determine material required or overdue and to locate material.
- Requisitions material and establishes delivery sequences to departments according to job order priorities and anticipated availability of material.
- Arranges for in-plant transfer of materials to meet production schedules, and with department supervisors for repair and assembly of material and its transportation to various departments, and examines material delivered to production departments to verify if type specified.
- Monitor and control movement of material and parts along conveyor system, using remote-control panel board, compute amount of material needed for specific job orders.
- Applies knowledge of product and manufacturing processes to compile report of quantity and type of material on hand.
- Compiles perpetual production records in order to locate material in process of production, using manual or computerized system, and maintain employee records.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with cytological equipment, equipment maintenance, warehouse operations, inventory, classified operations, OPSEC, COMSEC, and OHSA requirements.
It is the policy of Osi Vision to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status regarding public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Osi Vision will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.