The candidate must be able to provide assistance in all aspects of VMware virtualization; configuration, implementation and management of servers in virtualized environment. Additionally, candidate should be able to analyze requirements, propose or evaluate a design, interpret specifications and related documents, and implement system requirements. The candidate also should have a strong foundation in the following network management skills; analyzing network requirements, developing network design, network implementation, network maintenance, upgrading of existing networks use within and outside a virtualized environment.
Specifically, the candidate will:
- Install and configure vCenter Server.
- Configure and maintain ESXi servers.
- Setup and configure HA, vMotion and DRS.
- Configure Datacenters, Clusters, Resource Pools, VM's and virtual switching.
- Install, configure and manage VDI solutions utilizing VMware Horizon with View.
- Monitor health of VMs operating in various datacenters.
- Manage replications and VM movements between datacenters.
- Manage disaster recovery of the virtualized environment using SRM.
- Coordinate with various Storage, Network & Security and Server Admin teams.
- Administer various Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Ability to quickly adapt and understand customer's environment and learn supporting technologies.
- Understanding of VMware's integration with Dell EMC Storage.
- Manage VMware data center product.
- Must have an active TS/SCI security clearance.
- 2-3 years of experience with VMware 5 virtual environment and higher (ESXi, vCenter Server, vSphere Client and Web Client, and VMware Workstation).
- VMware Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) Certification or higher.
- Must have DoD 8570 IAT Level II Security + certification.
- VMware Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV)
- Experience with Windows 2012 Server, Red Hat Desktop/Enterprise 7, and STIGs